Centro Rendu of St. Vincent de Paul exists to create support systems for Hispanic immigrant families through education, leadership development, and opportunities that promote and strengthen healthier communities and future generations. We now have service offices in our Kent and Renton thrift stores.
Build Trust & Credibility with Hispanic Community
The initial plan is to patiently build trust and credibility within the South King County Hispanic community. We are managing a gentle and caring listening process, which is helping us develop an approach that represents the authentic needs of our Hispanic families and individuals and protects the human dignity of the neediest and underserved.
Initially, our rollout of this program and the services are exclusively for Kent and the surrounding area, where the needs for our types of service are very large and unfulfilled. As we begin to implement this program, we are very interested in your thoughts, ideas and strategies regarding how we might do Hispanic outreach in other Conference communities. We have outlined potential services we are considering to phase in over a period of time.
• SVdP Case Management in Spanish.
• Spanish Literacy Courses and Primary Education for Spanish speakers.
• English as a Second Language (ESL) and GED preparation.
• Computer literacy.
• Provide legal consultation, including undocumented persons.
• Path to citizenship (classes, information and referrals when appropriate).
• Provide family support services and counseling referrals when needed.
• Youth Services (educational support and leadership development).
• Develop and implement Women’s Justice Circles.
• Leadership Development.