The Conference Support Fund (CSF) is available to a conference that unexpectedly runs short of financial resources to assist the poor in the ways the conference has voted to be appropriate. CSF grants cannot exceed $3,000 in a fiscal year and may not be received in consecutive years.
Conferences needing larger amounts of support or support in consecutive years should apply for an Adequate Funding Grant as described elsewhere.
Applying for Conference Support Funding
- Conferences must submit an application to receive resources from the Conference Support Fund.
- The application is a simple written description of the need and the reasons why the requesting conference cannot meet the need.
- The request must explain the situation and need for funds and how the funds will be utilized.
- The request must be submitted by the conference president and may be transmitted by e-mail or regular mail to Council President Mary Jo Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will review and either approve or deny the request.
Conference Support Fund Application Review
- The reviewer(s) may ask for more information to better understand the circumstances and the scope of the need.
- When necessary, the amount approved may be less than the amount requested in order to give other conferences access to this form of assistance.
Distribution of Funds
Once an application is approved, funds will be sent to the conference by check from the Central Office in Seattle. A conference president may also elect to have the check picked up at the Central Office for quicker delivery.